Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Where is That Litterbox...




Cigars all around!

So, I am now the proud father of 2 Crytpokitties!

I bought two...one named Mau the other named Peach Otaku Anime Cat (POAC for short).

Anyway, I tried to breed the two of them together, and it turns out you need to pay even to a breed your own cats. I think I have issue with that.....seems to me they are mine, so breeding them together is my business.

Oh well.  Will pay the fee and see what results....Franken Kitty?

I am disappointed, as I thought that I would be able to create my own cat, add details, etc, but that seems to not be the case. 

So, here are the two cats:





I'll soon be a grandpa...., but apparently it takes 7 hours for them to have an offspring...so, we'll have to wait. 

One thing you may have forgotten about is the $$$$$.  It has cost me about $30 US to get this far, between buying the two Cryptokitties, fees for buying  Ethers, fees for transferring money around, fees for breeding, fees to use Erthers to pay for breeding, etc, etc, etc. Hmmmmm. 

Quite the little business, with fees everywhere you turn. I think at this juncture I will stay with whatever I have after the "birth" or rather, hatch (yes, they have eggs), and see if in time I can sell one and recoup my expenditures, or at least part of my expenditures.   I don't mind sitting on my "investment" for a little bit, at least in this case it doesn't take up a ton of space, unlike my current inventory. 

It is also an investment in Ethers...theoretically they could go up in value, also, as Bitcoin has. Ethers seem to be the poor cousin of Bitcoin, from what I can see.  

Perhaps I can eventually buy some Bitcoin from the huge profits I get from breeding and selling Crytopkitties!  

Yes, that is sarcasm you can see dripping off of that sentence.

From what I can see thus far, unless you are right into Crytokitties, a real Cryptokittie nut, who is selling to other Cryptokittie nuts, I can't see how it could be profitable....unless your Cryptokittie gets bought for some outrageous sum (like the $104 million I mentioned in a posting previously).....which is unlikely, unless there is some stoned Arab Shiek with millions to burn who is enamoured by your Cryptokittie....

Looking more like an early Beanie Baby scenario. Might be an opportunity to make money early on, but the longevity of the idea might have a limited lifespan....but, then again, the internet is the Wild West, and someone might just give it legs by spinning off the idea off into something else. 

The thing is, seeing as you own the Cryptokittie, you theoretically could have Cryptokittie races....Crytokittie breeder's shows, heck Crytokittie catfights even.... It is yours to do with what you wish, after all.

Hmmm....Crytpokittie catfights....oddly enough, that might be an idea with legs. You heard it here first!  I certainly don't condone harm to animals, but when it comes to digital cartoon animals, well I may not have as much a problem with that....!  

Now that is something you can't do with a Beannie Baby!












No comments:

Post a Comment