Friday, December 22, 2017

Following Your Inner Child


Time to move on from those digital cats.

I am always looking at this business as what it is, a business. To me it is not a hobby, a flight of fancy, or a temporary situation. It has been 25 years, after all.

In that thinking, I tend to be attracted to other entrepreneurial thinking & musings of successful entrepreneurs. 

In that line of thinking, I came across a Ted Talk video the other day.

You probably will need to watch it to follow my line of thought and musings below. You might be able to follow without watching it, but, if you don't watch it and you are confused by my musings below, that will be why.

As a child, I loved the idea of being a treasure hunter.

Episodes of Jacques Cousteau's adventures that featured shipwrecks and other assorted treasure kept me fixated and after them my my imagination ran wild.  (It was on the 1 of 3 channels we did get on TV when I was a kid....Yes, I was so deprived!)

 What became of that kid?

Well, if you have ever read my blog from the beginning, you will already know that I basically ended up in the business by accident, after becoming unemployed (after almost 2 years before that employment paying for a computer education which was not what it was sold to us as, and which I did not use....)

Though, maybe my ending up in this business was simply fate.  

That first 25 cents forced into my hand as a child clicked a switch in my ultimate destiny.

So, I am a treasure hunter, but not in the fanciful way I initially pictured.

However, after seeing that video, I am inspired more to follow some other paths, or rather, another path more seriously, though carefully.

You see, I have accumulated leads which are to far more fantastical sorts of things, things that are off the track of what I normally pursue in my efforts to eke out a living. 

Maybe I need to pursue my true passion...true treasure hunting. 

What do I mean? What kinds of leads do I have? 

Well, they is fodder for my next blog postings.

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment