Friday, December 22, 2017

Sick of Cryptokitties Yet?



I managed to figure out how to change the kitties name. Just clicking on the field allows you to change it.

So simple I missed it.

In my cryptokittie research I did happen upon another blogger who happens to have a cryptocurrency knowledge/financial background with a blog posting on the cryto critters.

If you are thinking of the digital cat images as an investment vehicle, you may wish to read that blog.

Again, I am coming at this from the point of view as a "collectible" to invest in, not as a digital currency in itself/non-collectible investment vehicle. 

That is what may cause a fork in the road it takes, delving away from the road Beanie Babies drove down.

The wild card with Cryptokitties is the technology they are part of.

My knowledge of the Blockchain, Ether, and all the rest is minimal, and if you do decide to "invest" in Cryptokitties or a cryptocurrency, I urge you to learn, learn, learn. 

Blowing off $10, $50, or $100 is one thing, but anyone investing hundreds or thousands into this sort of thing should try to gain some knowledge.  Playing around with it with a low sum of money is part of learning, but don't get tempted to put big money in while you are learning....that is a recipe for potential disaster.

 Getting rich quick is always attractive, but is rarely the fact of the matter, nor the result for most investors in such ventures.

Bitcoin started at under a cent each in 2010/2011, and now is in the $15,500 each range or so (numbers are constantly fluctuating, so who knows where they are at the time you read this....click here to find out.)

Am I investing big money in Cryptokitties? 

Nope.   

Not that I don't think it has potential; I just see too much grey, volatility, etc, and, cash is tight. I have bills to pay that are important, and the time (for my wallet) is just not right.

But I am sure wishing I had heard of Bitcoin in 2011 and invested $100 in Bitcoin then.....and left it there. 

I would be a millionaire now....literally.






No comments:

Post a Comment