Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Cryptokitties Scratching the Furniture



For those of you who have come to my blog via Googling "Cryptokitties", and are not familiar with my ramblings, be scared....

be very scared....

Just kidding.

Might put you to sleep, a posting or two here might gross you out, but the blog is essentially harmless. (So I want you to think...Look DEEP into my eyes....you are getting sleepy....now send me the contents of your bank account...)

Anyway, the whole thing with my view on Cryptokitties is not from the "gamers" view...it is from the view of an old school antiques picker, and the viability of "digital collectibles" in this new age of the internet and technology.   If you came here for hints, cheats, inside info, well, this probably is not the place...though you will get some insight into how the collectibles world looks at "Marketed Collectibles".  

Only time will tell us whether Cryptokitties is a viable thing.

The software platform is certainly viable, and I can see dozens of uses for it in this business...and many with more potential than Crytpokitties itself. 

They have quite a few staff working on the site, but they sure could use an old school view of the market, someone like myself...hmmmmm, I could use another gig...maybe the change I need! 


 I do have one particular idea that would utilize the platform well, with little modification, and has serious legs to go far...who knows, it is one of those ideas that might just give eBay a run for its money on the stock market....or at least make the operator's wealthy. 

 What is the idea? Sorry, you'd have to be from Axiom Zen for me to tell you, and I'd still need that person to sign a NDA (non-disclosure agreement).  

Like the creators of Cryptokittie are bothering to read an antique dealer's/picker's blog, eh?  Too bad they likely are not....they could use some of the criticisms to tweak the site...and maybe gain some insight on the potential for the platform itself, from an entirely different point of view than they see it. 

(*in a Yoda voice*)  On the table leaving dollars they are.

I have 25+ years experience in the collectibles business, which is something that they really could use in order to get the maximum out of the platform. A totally different set of eyes, viewing the potential from totally different angles.

That seems to be the big issue with many sites....the tech side doesn't get the nuances and culture of collectibles, antiques, and this business in general.  

Take for example Canadianpickers.com...they used to be an auction site....well, it tanked because of the way it was managed and operated. The tech side had no idea how the culture works in this business. Sometimes I wish I had never sold the domain name to them....oh well, had to pay bills!

Just a picker's life!


No comments:

Post a Comment