Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Junk TV - Yet Another Show...Wait, Hey, I KNOW THAT GUY!


Well, well, well...I guess it was only a matter of time before I would see a show with someone I have crossed paths with in this business!

OLN will be debuting "DEALS FROM THE DARKSIDE" TONIGHT!

This twist on the junk biz features Extreme Escape Artist Steve Santini, who, really, is already a vet of Reality TV, seeing as many of his escapes have been televised, and there are multitudes of his videos to see on You Tube.

He has also managed to earn the moniker of "The World's Most Extreme Escape Artist." His videos online will be proof enough to that...and am sure that he will do some of his escapes as part of this latest show, also!


Yes, I do know Steve...or, rather, knew him. It was when he was starting out in the 1990s, and was calling himself "The Great Santini." We had a mutual friend at the time; a fellow dealer, so yes, we have crossed paths.


I would think he has dropped the moniker of "The Great Santini", long ago, considering the fact that there was a  novel and then a movie (based on the novel,) utilizing the same title.  I would think that really could have really confused the issue for some people.

Anyway, from the videos I have seen online, and photos, etc, he has actually developed more into a "character" (but those of us dedicated to this "junk" all are, when it comes right down to it!) than when I knew him. That is a good thing, really.  Guess he has found himself, which is cool. We all need to do that, really! I'm workin' on it! Figure I am a project 90% completed!

Anyway, I am actually looking forward to the show.   He has been a long time collector of Titanic items, handcuffs, and "dark" items, and as I recall was enthusiastic about collecting way back then, so I hope that is still the case.

Congrats, Steve!  Lookin' forward to the show!












No comments:

Post a Comment