Saturday, November 18, 2017

Yes, It Has Been Awhile



Yes, it has been nearly 4 months since I last blogged, but in my own defence I have been busy trying to keep things afloat, and, frankly haven't felt like writing much.  Plus, am still suffering the emotional after effects of the drama of June. You'd think that now that the drama is over the anxiety would go away, but apparently it wants to hang around and  tends to have an effect on my activities...

I did do the Vintage Redefined Market in Calgary, Alberta the first weekend in November.  Left a couple days earlier than I would normally, though. I wanted to avoid some weather that looked like it might result in icy highways...getting more cautious in my old age, I guess! 

Here are some pics of my set-up:




I think the turnout would have been pretty decent had the weather not turned bad...it started snowing Wednesday and continued off and on Thursday and Friday, which did not help with road conditions.  Despite road conditions, there was a fair turnout, but many who had pre-bought tickets for the opening night didn't show up.   As a result, I didn't do as well as I needed to, so went home disappointed in my sales. However, the promotion, venue, etc was all done quite well, in my opinion it was just the weather that hurt sales.  

Better luck next year, I guess. 

There is a spring sale, which I do plan to attend. You can keep tabs on it at this link: Vintage Redefined Market May 25th & 26th, 2018 



No comments:

Post a Comment