Friday, July 21, 2017

General Store Pick - July 2017


Been awhile since I was out on what I consider a true "pick"....for reasons outlined in my previous post.

So, when I got a call to look at some items from a location I was familiar with, I decided it was time to carefully get back in the saddle again.

The owners are wonderful folks, a young family. They have the same mindset for preservation of Manitoba's history as I do, which was great to encounter. 

They'd love to preserve the building, but financially they simply can't put the kind of money into it that it needs to be properly preserved.

Here is the grand old lady:


And in true picker fashion, I located a piece the owners didn't
 realize they owned!












 Here are some more "action shots", along with pics of some of the other items I purchased:


























Pick safe folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment